Project Manager - Tooling
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working at Eckhart is an opportunity to directly impact the future of American manufacturing. We are an Industry 4.0 leader committed to developing advanced manufacturing solutions that enhance the quality of life. Our AUTOCRAFT™ autonomous guided vehicles and FLEXCHECK™ collaborative robotic error-proofing systems lead the market in reliability and dependability. Our suite of solutions includes AGVs, collaborative & traditional robotics, 3D printing, conveyance & automation, highly engineered weld fixtures, lift-assist & ergonomic tooling, and mechanical & electrical engineering services. Our solutions improve employee safety, product quality, and productivity at the largest companies in the world.
Eckhart invests in people because we believe it is our people who differentiate our solutions and our company from our competitors. For over 40 years our company has committed dedicated creative minds to conceptualize and design custom manufacturing solutions for industry. Our customers span medical devices, food, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, commercial construction, household appliances, and farm machinery & heavy trucks. We thrive solving our customers’ most difficult problems and find satisfaction when customers receive safe and efficient turn-key solutions that enhance their quality of life.
Project Managers are responsible for managing customer requirements/expectations regarding quality, cost, and delivery. This individual will lead a team of project engineers, designers and detailers to apply sound engineering practices to design industrial ergonomic systems and automated tooling. The individual must possess and apply working knowledge of solid modeling, layout drawings, functional specifications, and engineering standards. Our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Eckhart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage customer scope of work to ensure all contractual terms and conditions are met
• Design and/or coordinate design operations and ensure standards and common practices are followed
• Monitor and manage quality, cost and timing elements of assigned projects
• Demonstrate professionalism in all activities and provide efficient service to internal and external customers
• Ensure continuous improvement of operations and processes
• Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers both orally and written
• Must be able to travel within the continental US and Canada
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictable demands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite to delivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demanding customers.
• Experience and preferably proficiency in 3D solid modeling using programs such as Unigraphics, Solidworks and AutoCAD.
• Prefer strong ergonomic tooling or BIW assembly systems automotive experience
Education and/or Experience
A four year degree in engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), manufacturing technologies or a related field is preferred; minimum two year degree is required. Five years of project management experience will be considered in leu of education.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
• Prefer experience reading and interpreting Unigraphics/NX blueprints.
• Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and various software programs.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.