Fernish is a subscription service for your home. We create a flexible and inspired home experience for an increasingly mobile society. We let you choose the home furnishings you want and however long you want them, for one monthly subscription price.
Fernish was founded in 2017 and is backed by Techstars and a group of notable angel and institutional investors. We have been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, GeekWire, LA Business Journal, and Cheddar TV among other local and national publications.
At Fernish, you will contribute to important business metrics including sales, margin improvements, and operational efficiencies in the role of Vendor and Inventory Manager. You will be responsible for in-stock/inventory availability across all of our markets, vendor negotiation and management, and item data and item merchandising, meanwhile managing to a budget and warehousing constraints. This is a big, meaty, role that will provide you with the opportunity for full management of one of our most important and complex areas of the business. You inherit some initial tools and processes, but you will also have the opportunity to build and grow this functional area for the company.
You will manage both the strategic and tactical aspects of ensuring we balance in-stock and inventory space, how we work with our vendors and set them up for success, and executing on merchandising direction in terms of suppliers and items on our platform.
You will work hand-in-hand with operations (warehouse, delivery, customer experience), finance, merchandising, product management, software engineering, business development, marketing and other internal stakeholders & customers to create the optimal selection, availability, and customer experience through tactical, project, strategic ownership, and cross-functional collaboration.
Fernish is a highly-collaborative environment, yet at the same time we have a high expectation of autonomy and do everything we can to empower you to make independent decisions. Additionally, given the rapidly evolving nature of our business, there is a strong expectation that you will be thoughtful about processes and structures that can scale and evolve gracefully. We’re also an “always learning” environment, so ideally learning new tools, frameworks, and systems is both comfortable and exciting for you.
- 3-5+ years with vendor manager and in-stock experience (or related)
- Proven track record of managing vendors and building mutually-successful relationships
- Extreme comfort with data analysis, manipulation (SQL knowledge or desire to self-teach a plus!)
- The ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and document thoroughly
- Ability to communicate fluidly and efficiently with executives both internally and externally; and you have a proven ability to actively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- You thrive in an environment of ambiguity and rapid pace and creating order out of chaos—creating something out of nothing
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in business, operations-related fields/supply chain, or finance
- Ability to help build reporting (Excel/Google Sheets), scorecards, SQL queries
- Experience working in an environment where tools are still being built - and being a part of building them
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Given the size of the company and the speed at which we are growing, your work will significantly impact the direction and growth of the company
- Joining this team will give you an unparalleled opportunity to grow quickly in your career
- This is an opportunity to stretch all facets of your supply chain, analysis, customer experience, and project management tool chest
- You will be joining a spirited team that is passionate about creating an entirely new market and aiming to be the leader in the space
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You MUST BE AUTHORIZED to work in the United States. We are currently not in a position to sponsor visas and the like as we're too early in the incarnation of this business.