The Industrial Engineer focuses on sales growth and operating margin while designing or improving production processes by determining the most effective combination of people, equipment, materials and information to achieve the lowest possible costs.
• Cost quote generation, labor estimates, process and operation design, sales forecasts, capacity models, documentation, packaging design, and support the product team on new and modified products with minimal supervision
• Work/communicate with customers on a direct/indirect basis on various requirements and standards.
• Initiate significant continuous improvement through cost analysis, measurables, labor standards, process and operation improvement, documentation, product team support and special assignments using six sigma and lean tools.
• Provide multi-functional technical support to manufacturing to increase self sufficiency of assembly process.
• Accountable for capacity analysis.
• Responds to sales order production quote requests and releases by creating cost sheets and profit analysis while being an advocate for profitable sales.
• Interprets and communicates production scrap, labor, and overtime OEE reports by giving recommendations for improvement to product teams and others to create focused problem solving.
• Establish rates for manufacturing routings by studying designed or conceptual production processes and operations to accurately document labor costs.
• Review monthly labor history reports/OEE and/or make improvements to the production process or operation.
• Create and maintain flowcharts, PFMEAs, routings, work instructions, routing cards and complete customer specific documents as required per standards.
• Understand customer packaging design requirements and work directly with packaging suppliers to design/define/create packaging materials.
• 1 - 2 years experience as an Industrial Engineer in a manufacturing environment
• Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or similar
• Demonstrated knowledge of lean and six sigma manufacturing techniques, cost quotes, cost reduction, cost justifications, continuous improvement, establishment of measurables, establishment of labor standards/takt time, process and operation improvement, sales forecasts, capacity models, documentation/maintenance, PFMEAS and Work Instructions.
• Promote and drive continuous improvement
• Manage process/operation design and improvement
• Create and maintain capacity models for effective utilization of equipment.
• Communicate directly and indirectly with commercial, sales and engineering team for new business awards and capacity projects.