About The Role
We are looking an Engagement Manager to join our team. You will drive value for all of our customers, leading pilots with large prospective customers, while simultaneously managing and growing existing customer relationships.
At Alloy, we value our customers above everything else. We believe that the success of the companies we work with, and of the individuals within them, is perhaps the single most important and valuable indicator our product’s performance and our own potential. Every part of the organization works toward this objective, and Client Solutions takes the lead.
In this role, you will be the face of the company for all our customers. You will understand their needs and priorities, translate them into attainable objectives and successfully execute against them. The knowledge you accumulate as you interact with customers will be foundational to influencing Alloy’s product roadmap, value statement, and market positioning.
You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact. You are confident in your toolkit and experience, but you also love to pick up new skills and knowledge.
You are a fast learner, ready to prove yourself in a challenging role with the expectation that you will rapidly pick up increased responsibilities.
You have an innate drive to be successful. As a foundational member of an early-stage startup, you want to take initiative, tackle new obstacles and solve problems we have not encountered before. Each problem you solve will leave a mark, shaping the future of our sales strategy.
You don’t shy away from even the most challenging problems and are relentless in always looking for better solutions. You pursue your personal objectives, but you are also comfortable working with an engineering-oriented team towards common goals. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion.
You are naturally drawn to analytical work. You can seamlessly switch between detail-oriented execution, communication with all involved parties, and prioritization based on added value.
You think big and want to change the way an entire industry operates.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage Alloy customer pilots. In these pilots, you will work primarily with large corporations (Fortune 500 / multi-billion dollar revenue), supporting VP to C-level stakeholders. You will formulate strategic objectives, deliver against them at a fast pace, execute analytical work to show tangible ROI, while also identifying and training a “core team” of customer users.
- Lead implementation, training, and onboarding for new customers, working closely with the engineering and data teams. You will identify valuable short and medium-term objectives for the customer and deliver against them.
- Lead and manage ongoing relationships with existing customers; keep an engaged and productive relationship with senior sponsors; build, train, and nurture a group of “core users,” working towards a self-sustained usage of Alloy within the customer’s regular course of business, while caring about the individual users’ objectives and personal success.
- Act as the internal “voice of the customer” informing Alloy’s strategic product roadmap, while being tactically savvy, translating product obstacles into actionable, engineering-friendly development requests.
- Engage in commercial activity, in collaboration with sales, developing rollout agreements with pilot customers as well as renewing and expanding our business relationships with existing customers.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in SaaS customer success, management consulting or related analytical, consultative, client-facing fields
- Ability to build long-lasting relationships with senior executives and functional managers, acting as a trusted outside resource for problem structuring
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand technical details while staying focused on business objectives
- Process-oriented mindset, identifying recurring patterns and capitalizing on them by improving the ongoing process
- Demonstrated senior selling skills within consultative projects
- Outstanding project management, organization, work ethic
- Ownership mindset demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and a sense of urgency
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment, switching rapidly from strategy to execution
- Highly motivated, self-directed, team player
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Alloy is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.