Company and organization description
The Oracle Cloud offers complete SaaS application suites for ERP, SCM, HCM and CX, plus best-in-class database Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from data centers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), please visit us at oracle.com.
Oracle Cloud Business Group reports directly to the CEO. We perform core product marketing functions for the company and are responsible for setting Oracle market strategy for our cloud solutions including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, as well as hardware and Industry vertical solutions. We design, develop and deploy go-to-market strategies that are aligned with our global sales organizations, and partner with engineering on product roadmaps and requirements.
To achieve our business goals, we perform market opportunity assessment, customer segmentation and targeting, competitive and partner ecosystem assessment, and business model analysis to inform go-to-market strategy and execution.
This MBA Internship program has the executive sponsorship by the most senior leader of our organization. Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in strategy projects in the most dynamic areas of cloud landscape and with significant executive visibility.
• 12-week, full-time summer MBA internship
• Join Oracle Cloud strategy & marketing teams
• Intern interests are matched with high-impact, high-visibility projects
• Engage directly with senior leadership; including executive mentoring
• Project work coupled with enrichment activities and networking sessions
Job responsibilities and activities
• Perform strategic analysis to help product marketing leaders drive growth initiatives
• Support one of Oracle’s product areas, including cloud SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, hardware, and industry solutions
• Perform segmentation analyses based on customer purchase history, upgrade cycle, industry-vertical, company size, competitors, partner affiliation, and other external drivers
• Perform correlation analyses based on financial and sales transaction data and provide upsell and cross-sell recommendations
• Package analyses for actionable recommendations to executive leadership
Preferred skills and experience
• Highly analytical coupled with strategic thinking
• 3-6 years of pre-MBA experience in product marketing and/or management consulting
• Ability to frame the question, design the analytical approach and synthesize large volumes of data into insights
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, especially executive-facing presentation
• Proficiency with data visualization technology is a plus
• Completed the 1st year of MBA program in spring 2020
• No visa sponsorship is available for this position
How candidates should apply
• To be considered for on-campus interviews ALL candidates are required to apply through the school portal AND on the Oracle Job site:
www.oracle.com/campus > Quick Apply > Requisition ID 190013Q5