YOUR CAREER. OUR BRANDS. A PERFECT FIT.
General Mills is the home of championship people. Our portfolio of over $16 billion includes leading American icon brands such as Pillsbury and Betty Crocker that provide talented and passionate people ideal opportunities to build their careers and make a lasting impact. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You’ll find that your career aspirations and our brands are a perfect fit for the champion in you.
It is General Mills strategy to deliver competitively superior service, cost and innovation to our customers. Furthermore, General Mills ensures that every person has the opportunity to contribute to his/her highest potential – and in turn -- will ultimately drive our organization’s success. The synergy between U.S. operations and operations all over the world is purposeful. The collaboration, development of talents, and capabilities to reach our individual potential is crucial in order to maximize our contribution to General Mills and achieve success in our career. Supply Chain Analytics is a passionate team striving to be the preferred internal advisor for Optimal Decision Making! We provide modeling, analytics and external research to support decision making, while building an exceptionally talented and committed team. We value team development, the ability to influence the organization, building and maintaining customer intimacy, focused innovation/research, perseverance and strong communication of the value proposition.
Job Description: Provide Advanced Analytics and Insights to company leadership. Develop and implement innovative analytical solutions supported by proven Operations Research / Industrial Engineering / Statistical methodologies that support decision making across the organization. Primary focus areas include Supply Chain and Sales / Customer Development.
Estimated Travel: 5-20%.
Education: M.S. in Supply Chain / Logistics Engineering or related field, which includes coursework in Operations Research methodologies.
Experience: Three (3)+ years of industry experience in Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related field, including hands-on experience with Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Inventory Optimization and/or Network Optimization.
• Maintain an active business partnership with Functional Leadership for strategic planning, feasibility and on-going operations.
• Exemplify a “role model” for leadership and collaboration to enhance team-building within and across divisions and functions.
• Provide leadership, project management and analysis for the development and implementation of analytical solutions that support business objectives such as capacity management, site selection, and optimization and simulation of supply chain operations.
• Enable the development of efficient Supply Chain Management strategies that support customer service, efficient customer replenishment, account specific programs and emerging trade requirements.
• Directly and indirectly manage project teams and resources to meet organizational priorities to optimize project delivery dates, resource effectiveness and team learning and development.
• Research, develop and implement new methodologies and techniques that enable superior business performance.
• Assist internal clients in leveraging external partnerships with academic and industry organizations.
• Business unit interface (multiple categories and channels)
• Influence functions to implement new strategies
• Innovative and pragmatic solution identification
• Use of sophisticated software tools to complex problems
• Summary results visualization and presentation to Senior Leadership
Required Skills & Experiences
• Logistics, Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales
• Information system applications, particularly Simulation and Optimization tools; also ERP, SCM and MES.
• Current trends in Visualization, Databases and Business Intelligence
• Industry and Methodology Best Practices
• Influencing business strategy across multiple functional areas
• Facilitating cross-functional project teams to ensure project deliverables are aligned with business strategy
• Assisting customers to effectively define a problem statement and results sought
• Identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
• Reviewing and analyzing Supply Chain and Sales Operational data and assumptions to support accurate model development
• Applying mathematical modeling methods
• Communicating complex solutions in easily understood, non-technical business terms
• Identify, communicate and champion functional business priorities
• Persuade & influence constituencies; demonstrate candor
• Identify and drive change
• Apply Continuous Improvement / Lean techniques.
• Professional maturity and functional expertise
• Previous Logistics Operations or Supply Chain experience