We are thousands of people working globally to help the world access, analyze and act on ever-increasing volumes of data, creating the foundation for new applications and industries. We see the potential for the world that’s more predictive, more productive, and more personal. Our products and solutions marketed under the WD, HGST and SanDisk brands, are everywhere that digital information and content is found: in the cloud, supporting your mobile digital lifestyle; in business and personal computers; in external storage devices; in your digital video recorder and cameras. If you have a relentless drive to deliver, if you want to work in an environment where people and ideas thrive, come be part of the team that’s transforming the world’s connection to information.
Illustrates a strong ability to define problems, formulate a structured problem-solving methodology, and analyze & implement solutions through a team-driven approach. Drives toward comprehensive corporate initiatives and strategic goals. Provides detailed analyses that focus on the most critical corporate challenges and functions as a central resource across business segments and all central organizations drive longer term corporate initiatives. Effectively communicates with and has the ability to drive and work with area experts during the design, modification, and implementation of the resulting change, initiative, or strategy. Assists in the creation of analyses to facilitate executive management decision making.
In this position, the individual will be exposed to a breadth of both business and operational issues through participation in company-transforming, high profile projects reviewed at the executive management level. Projects and analyses are both strategic and execution oriented in nature resulting in immediate positive, tangible results in company performance through increases in efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
• Support the development and implementation of new business strategies through the Strategic Program Office.
• Partner with all areas of our vertically integrated business, including finance, IT, logistics, factory planning and execution, engineering, R&D, marketing, and sales.
• Conduct specific analyses and contribute to projects directly related to defining new business/market strategies, understanding and quantifying the value of various technology initiatives, and improving overall company execution and profitability improvement.
• Support senior executive activities and decision making through detailed analyses and material preparations.
• Structure and analyze specific business problems or strategic options on both corporate-wide or specific business opportunities.
• Define and perform analyses to support key business strategy. Create, organize and drive analyses and activities by working with multi-functional (technical and non-technical) resources to help implement corporate-wide improvements and change.
• Candidate should be receiving their MBA or has received their degree in the last academic year.
• Technical B.S. degree (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering etc.)
• Minimum of 3 years past experience in consumer electronics, retail distribution or semiconductor operations; manufacturing, engineering, operations, and data storage peripherals is desired
• Ability to manage cross functional teams, perform quantitative analyses, and develop processes and procedures related to corporate process improvements and strategic decisions
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and interact with a number of different groups and levels of people, both internally and externally
• Ability to work closely in cross-functional teams including Business Segments, R&D, Supply Chain Management, Product Marketing and Product Management to meet challenging objectives critical to the success of the business