Are you interested in applying your technical and engineering skills to address world-changing problems? Are you interested in driving the development of methods, models and systems for state-of-the-art robotics, transportation and fulfillment systems? If so, then this is the job for you.
The North American Supply-Chain Analytics team is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of our current network and designing our future networks. We are looking for motivated software development engineers to drive new systems to support fulfillment.
As a software development engineer, you will be responsible for design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products in support of Supply Chain Execution. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field (or B.S. 5+ years of equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of software development experience using object-oriented design and programming languages with one of the following: Java, C#, C/C++, Ruby, or Python.
· Experience with SQL and big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· 3+ years' experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive)
· Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
· Strong knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks like Angular JS and RESTful web services
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation.