The Operations Program Manager for New Product Introduction will be responsible for the successful launch and ramp of Fitbit’s new products into our manufacturing partner’s factories. He/She will join the program at conception and lead the technical manufacturing and operational execution through the launch and ramp of the product.
The Operations Program Manager will be a natural leader and facilitator who is driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoys developing business process to eliminate ambiguity. An excellent program/project manager, they will communicate seamlessly with all levels of the organization. They will be adept at facilitating actions, resolving conflicts, managing relationships and influencing others to perform at the highest level. Under pressure, this person will mobilize their team as one unit to tackle any challenge.
• Lead the cross function team to execute a seamless product launch including factory startup, ramp and delivery to customers. Key team members include Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Production Planning, Logistics, Marketing and Finance.
• Develop pre-launch and ramp build plans with metrics that lead the team to work strategically and efficiently. Pivotal metrics are schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time.
• Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams to develop manufacturing blueprint with process flows, floor layout, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build.
• Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
• Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, and reducibility features.
• Develop metrics to measure the team’s progress and success at deliver on commitments. Act as the Operations technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks.
• Take on the role of preproduction operations manager including developing build mission and schedule, hosting the daily morning meeting and driving resolution of build issues technically & operational.
• Head-up technical issue resolution related to manufacturing process control and capability. Technical experience working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines.
• Develop robust processes for FA on customer returns to Synthesize Voice of Customer into both process changes and product development cycles.
• Coordinate the phase out of obsolete products with the launch of new products.
• 30% travel to Asia
DESIRED SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Passionate about team environments
• Analytical and detailed oriented; an excel Ninja
• Great written and communication skills
• Minimum 5 years of factory related experience
• Demonstrated experience in managing day to day operations
• BS in Engineering preferred
• MS in Business, Operations Management preferred