Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products (AWTP) is a business with a rich tradition and a bright future. We invented the forged wheel in 1948 and we have remained the global leader in providing safe, strong, light-weight and innovative aluminum transportation products. AWTP produces over 4 million Aluminum wheels globally with annual sales in excess of $800 million. AWTP products are highly engineered products operating in challenging environments with significant product liability risk and wide diversity of end use applications ranging from passenger cars to heavy-duty trucks to commercial and military vehicles.
The primary responsibility of the Program Launch Manager is to lead the global product launch process for specified programs and ensuring that systems are utilized to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of this process. The Program Launch Manager is a global role and has responsibility to support other locations. Communication is with nearly all parts of the business including sales, marketing, management, product engineering, production, supply chain and R&D.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manage the global product launch process for specified programs to ensure accurate, timely and cost-effective product launches;
• Manage timelines for all products in development;
• Manage product and process development and qualifications for specified programs at all locations globally;
• Work with various global organizations and disciplines to manage the development of new;
and improved wheel products;
• Facilitate all product, tooling and/or process design changes for new and existing wheel programs;
• Monitor costs and lessons learned throughout the entire launch process of specified programs;
• Provide technical support to operations for specified programs;
• Recognize that accident prevention is equal in importance to production, quality, delivery, and cost control and accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among fellow employees.
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
• Work with virtually all facets of the organization in all global locations to ensure all new and existing wheel programs are launched in the most efficient and profitable manner;
• As a result, this role is challenged to facilitate efficient wheel product designs and implement robust, cost-effective manufacturing processes to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction;
• Prevent / Avoid Ineffective launches as they severely compromise our relationships and profitability with our customers;
• Be customer oriented and have the proven ability to make sound decisions on complex matters for specified programs;
• Possess highly developed interpersonal skills to build strong positive business relationships;
• Possess and / or learn key knowledge of social, economic and political forces impacting the world market and the implications for Arconic.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution;
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in program and / or project management;
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience with any of the following manufacturing technologies: casting, forging, machining, polishing and/or painting;
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution;
• Possess a PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.