Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation’s cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, “Together, Building a Better California” is not just a slogan. It’s the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Shared Services is focused on engaging our employees to better understand our clients' Businesses and provide superior customer service. Aligning our operations and our people with the client organizations we serve facilitates better planning, execution and overall service delivery. We have once again set lofty goals for 2016, and we intend to achieve them. Some of these goals, such as environmental compliance and leadership, require the collective effort of employees across the company. Together, we will become the leading corporate services organization and the leading utility in U.S.
The Principal Supply Chain Analytics Analyst will be part of the Supply Chain Analytics team, leading strategic initiatives in support of our partners in Sourcing, Business Finance and the Lines of Business. The individual will report to the Manager, Supply Chain Analytics. Works with other organizations in the company to ensure that analysis is complete, timely, and accurate. Responsible for preparing business cases, financial or operational reports to be utilized by senior management to make strategic decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required (one year of experience for every one year of college)
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in Supply Chain, Consulting, Financial Planning and Analysis, or related field
- MBA in business or Master's degree in finance, engineering, economics, mathematics, or other related field.
- Six Sigma, CPSM, PMP, or other business related certification.
- Utility industry or high tech experience.
- 11 years of demonstrated experience in supply chain, business, or related field
- Strategic Sourcing experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently collect data, build a business case, prepare Power Point presentation to Sr. management.
- Direct experience working in a complex organization.
- Experience working within matrix reporting relationships.
- Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team focus, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex data sets, Excel, pivot tables.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python and Tableau
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and implementation barriers
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels including senior management as well as manage multiple competing priorities and projects.
- Strong understanding of all areas of the supply chain (strategic sourcing, procurement, logistics, materials management). Working knowledge of the major commodities sourced by the Utility and market dynamics impacting prices of commodities.
- Demonstrated understanding of PG&E's business, technology, and industry trends.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to influence and collaborate.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in team settings.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to represent PG&E as the leading utility in the US.
- Ability to work well under an ever-changing, fast-paced environment and take accountability for assigned programs, deliverables and results.
- Utilizes existing financial models and/or develops new models for analysis and reporting.
- Provides recommendations to senior management and extended leadership with supporting analysis.
- Drives change in the organization and serves as a champion of company initiatives as appropriate.
- Builds and maintain strong working relationships with LOBs and Business Partners.
- Leads special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Identifies methods to promote efficiency within existing processes, creates a best practices environment.
- Develops and manages processes as needed.
- May manage major cross-functional projects and initiatives. Coaches and mentors less experienced employees.
- Acts as a though leader to apply extensive subject matter expertise in the development of strategy or resolution of complex issues that effects the company.
- Provides leadership and direction for cross-functional activities that span across multiple organizations. Works with other organizations in the company to ensure that analysis is complete, timely, and accurate.
- Manages special projects.
- Responsible for preparing business cases, financial or operational reports to be utilized by senior management to make strategic decisions.
- May manage major cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced employees.
- Extensive subject matter expertise in the development of strategy or resolution of complex issues.
- Anticipates issues and develops innovative solutions.
- Works with senior management to support strategic planning and decision making.