We are thousands of people working globally to help the world access, analyze and act on ever-increasing volumes of data, creating the foundation for new applications and industries. We see the potential for the world that’s more predictive, more productive, more personal. Our products and solutions marketed under the WD, HGST and SanDisk brands, are everywhere that digital information and content is found: in the cloud, supporting your mobile digital lifestyle; in business and personal computers; in external storage devices; in your digital video recorder and cameras. If you have a relentless drive to deliver, if you want to work in an environment where people and ideas thrive, come be part of the team that’s transforming the world’s connection to information.
Illustrates a strong ability to define problems, formulate a structured problem-solving methodology, and analyze & implement solutions through a team-driven approach. Drives toward comprehensive corporate initiatives and strategic goals. Provides detailed analyses that focus on the most critical corporate challenges and functions as a central resource across business segments and all central organizations drive longer term corporate initiatives. Effectively communicates with and has the ability to drive and work with area experts during the design, modification, and implementation of the resulting change, initiative, or strategy. Assists in the creation of analyses to facilitate executive management decision making.
In this position, the individual will be exposed to a breadth of operational issues through participation in company transforming, high profile projects reviewed at the executive management level. Projects and analyses are both strategic and execution oriented in nature resulting in immediate positive, tangible results in company performance through increases in efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
The individual will be accountable for driving improved operations performance through implementation of strategic initiatives. These projects will span several functional areas within our vertically integrated business including logistic, factory planning and executions, engineering, finance, IT, marketing, and sales. Specific analysis and projects will be directly related to silicon supply, improving cycle time, inventory optimization, and reducing total product cost. In addition, this individual will assist supporting senior executive activities and decision making thorough detailed analyses and material preparations. This individual will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Working with operations on strategic project implementation immediately in the areas of silicon, capacity, product, and demand planning.
• Define and perform analyses to support key business strategy decisions (customer service level, product cost, etc).
• Create, organize and drive analyses and activities by working with multi-functional (technical and non-technical) resources to help implement corporate-wide improvements and change.
This individual will need to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and interact with a number of different groups and levels of people, both internally and externally. He/She must have a commitment to do everything possible to ensure the team’s success as well as the flexibility to quickly re-direct efforts based on new information. The individual will also work closely in cross-functional teams including Sales, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Product Marketing and Product Management to meet challenging objectives critical to the success of the business. The individual will need to exhibit a high degree of integrity and have a strong interest in supply chain operations, Retail and OEM business strategy, and a propensity for positive change.
This position should be a considered as a 2-year minimum commitment to work within Worldwide Operations on key operations projects and initiatives that reach out to all areas within the company with a long term objective to secure a functional role thereafter.
• BA or BS degree in Engineering. MBA or MS in related fields highly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience in industrial or consumer electronics.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage cross functional teams, perform quantitative analyses, and develop processes and procedures related to corporate process improvements and strategic decisions.
• Past experience in OEM and retail business environments, retail packaging & fulfillment, manufacturing, engineering, operations, and data storage peripherals is desired.
• Possesses familiarity with OEM and Retail Supply Chain Management and functioning a global operations environment.
• Experience in Business Process Development and implementation of Business Process Tools (such as PPM, MRP, PDM, and APS) desired.
• Specific experience with QAD, SAP, Agile, and I2 preferred.
• Comprehensive skills using software tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, and MS project to support analyses, clearly communicate ideas, and organize program implementation.
• Experience working in an ISO 9000 quality system.