Are you interested in applying your quantitative research, engineering development, and control systems skills to world-changing problems? Are you interested in driving the development of methods, models and systems for state-of-the-art robotics, transportation and fulfillment systems? If so, then this is the job for you. At Amazon we work to exceed our customer expectations every day. We exude energy inventing bold solutions on behalf of our customers. If you consider yourself to be an inventor, creator and pioneer there is no better place to work.
The North American Supply-Chain Analytics team is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of our fulfillment systems and network and designing our future fulfillment technologies. We are looking for motivated control systems engineers with strong analysis skills to join our team. These leaders will have the abilities to use advanced tools and analytics to provide a deep understanding of our inventory and fulfillment systems and to create models to help inform the future version of our fulfillment network as it continues to grow.
You will be responsible for strategic planning and research initiatives involved with our inventory and fulfillment network, including the means to efficiently control inventory systems as well as transport shipments from vendors to our fulfillment centers, as well as from fulfillment centers to our customers. You will work closely with business stakeholders, supply-chain colleagues, and IT groups in incorporating the essential tradeoffs within the models and take an active role in effectively communicating the recommendations to senior management.
· Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, Robotics or related discipline.
· 7+ years experience high level software development/promming with one of the following; ( Java, Python, Ruby, C#, C/C++)
· 3+ years’ experience developing and managing mathematical system facility and flow models
· 1+Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
· 3+ years experience designing control system interfaces
· 5+ years experience using relational databases (SQL experience)
· Excellent communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational needs
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· 3+ years experience with optimization tools (Cplex, Gurobi, Xpress)
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
· Intermediate understanding of Linux and networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS.
· Working knowledege of AWS or similar solutions to drive automation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation.