SkySpecs, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is a startup company with a rapidly growing global
operations footprint. We develop autonomous drones and data analytics to help owners and
operators of energy infrastructure make better data-driven decisions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
SkySpecs is seeking an Operations Project Manager to help plan, provision, execute, and manage
numerous, complex people and equipment operations. This person will be a jack-of-all-trades
responsible for everything from developing company-wide inventory control and field KPI tracking
systems to figuring out more efficient ways of scheduling drone operators to coordinating lastminute
shipments of batteries to the middle of nowhere.
• Bachelor’s degree in operations / industrial engineering, logistics, or similar.
• Practical experience implementing process control, logistics, maintenance / tech support,
quality, metrics tracking, or similar systems.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, work ethic, and flexibility. Must be able to handle high-level, longterm
planning one moment and switch to fast-paced project execution the next.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast, constant changes to “the plan” with the
ability to adapt quickly and make it seem effortless.
• Must be able to manage competing interests while maintaining a sense of urgency and
meet frequent short timelines, goals, and deadlines.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and planning skills; high attention
to detail; consistent follow through; a stellar team player.
• Ability to travel up to 15% and obtain a passport.
• Ability to relocate to the Ann Arbor / Greater Detroit area.
• Capable of being on a physically demanding job site environment requiring lifting cases up
to 50 pounds, standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs / ladders, and
entering plant equipment (all while wearing personal protective equipment).
• A valid driver’s license.
NICE TO HAVES
• Startup or tech experience.
• 2-5 years of experience in operations.
• Practical, hands-on experience with drones – or better yet, a drone / private pilot license!
• Experience working with international customers and cross-cultural communications.
• Experience with international shipping, customs documentation, ATA carnets, etc.
• Experience with IATA Dangerous Goods packing and shipping procedures.
• Wind energy / renewables background
As the Operations Project Manager at SkySpecs, you’ll be responsible for solving a variety of
operational challenges, many of which will involve creating and implementing new processes,
procedures, and systems from scratch.
• 35% operations project management: Significant, independent coordination with
customers and drone operators to understand logistics and scheduling constraints and
support project execution. Track and manage field performance metrics and KPIs.
• 25% operations engineering. Own, develop, and implement processes for inventory
control, drone configuration management, personnel scheduling, data quality control,
maintenance, field troubleshooting, etc.
• 25% logistics / shipping. No reservations about hands on work. Pack equipment and
batteries for deployments. Coordinate and execute the entire shipping process. Procure
shipping material and keep it organized in the office. Manage international shipments.
Understand logistics requirements for new countries.
• 15% jack of all trades. Documentation support, subcontractor support, EH&S, etc.
YOU ARE …
• Enthusiastic about working in an office environment that is not overly structured, and
allows – and encourages – a lot of differing options and ideas.
• A self-starter that performs under pressure. You don’t take yourself too seriously and can
work around a variety of personalities, all of whom are very dedicated to keeping our
company on its high growth trajectory.
• A problem solver that enjoys tackling issues without needing guidance on every step.
PERKS YOU’LL RECEIVE
• A flexible work schedule and work environment
• The respect of your teammates regardless of department or skillset
• The option of working from home when your tasks allow it
• A fun, energetic workplace that is open and accepting of all interests
• A great downtown Ann Arbor office with access to coffee, shopping, bars, restaurants, etc.
• An open vacation policy (our policy is: Get your work done; be reliable; go above and
beyond because you want to, and take rest and relaxation when you need it!)
• Health benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.