Home Chef (www.homechef.com) is a Chicago-based e-commerce food startup that aims
to make cooking well at home easier and healthier by delivering fresh ingredients and step-by-step
recipe cards every week directly to your doorstep. Variety. Flexibility. Simplicity.
Fresh Ingredients. Perfectly Portioned. Recipe Cards. We believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: Home Chef saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together around the dinner table.
Our 2013 start-up has experienced amazing growth delivering over 10 million boxes in 2016, with comparably aggressive growth targets over the next few years. The company is well-funded having closed its most recent investment (Series B round) from a prominent global consumer products venture capital firm. Home Chef is scaling its operations massively to support hyper-growing consumer demand and currently has over 700 employees across six US locations.
At Home Chef, we believe that team members who are personally invested in their work deliver the best possible customer experience – our customers can tell that we love what we do. That’s why we empower our crew to take ownership of their disciplines. We collectively believe in our product, and we care greatly about how we, as individuals, can contribute to company growth. We hire the best of the best, we work hard, we have fun, and we’re inspired by our community of home chefs every day.
• #3 player in the meal kit industry, delivering over 10 million meals in 2016 with staggering growth of 25x in 2015 and 10x in 2016
• Delivery to 98% of the continental US within two days, with production sites in San Bernardino, CA, Lithonia, GA and Chicago, IL
• 700+ corporate employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service, and quickly growing
• Passion-led, fast-growing organization with a mix of talent from ex-McKinsey/Bain/BCG, other consultancies and experienced industry professionals
We are looking for an analytics-driven thinker who loves to dive deeply into data and to get business leaders excited about making data-led decisions to be our Operations Performance Analytics Manager. The ideal candidate will be equally excited about two things: creating the right metrics to drive strong performance across the business, and driving actual change on the production floor by getting the right information in front of our operations leaders at the right time. This role is a unique opportunity to build a performance management system end-to-end within operations – from HR and procurement to fulfillment at a fast-paced e-commerce pre-IPO start-up.
Distinctive performers will have ample opportunities to grow and progress quickly in our rapidly expanding operations organization. The Operations Performance Analytics Manager reports directly to Home Chef’s Director of Operations Excellence and is based in Chicago. We invest heavily in our people at Home Chef, and we are looking for leaders who are effective and efficient managers, but also role models and mentors.
• Create a comprehensive, action-led set of Key Performance Indicators, bolstering the KPIs in place today
• Model and own the master operations scorecards across the full business, and issue auto-generated reports through Excel and Google Sheets
• Determine financial and operational performance targets across operations across three fulfillment centers (e.g., category-level procurement cost, fulfillment throughput by activity by day, labor efficiency etc), syncing these with top-down goals from Finance
• Develop ground-up performance management system, where KPI reviews lead to actionable change with high accountability at all levels
• Lead regular root-cause problem-solving sessions with the procurement, fulfillment and operations excellence teams to uncover the underlying reasons, when metrics are not on-target
• Advocate for data-led recommendations to take action to improve performance in high-visibility executive meetings
• Communicate operations performance to targets throughout the business, from C-level executives to shift supervisors
• Perform ad-hoc deep-dive analyses to uncover operational performance trends and opportunities (e.g., ROI for facility pro-forma cost, capacity analyses, new facility assessments)
• Build and supervise a small, dedicated core team of 1-2 analysts over 6-9 months, and collaborate with cross-functional teams at the plant-level (5-10 supervisors/managers)
• You are an avid analytics proponent who loves to use numbers in an actionable business setting and loves driving change through data-led decisions
• You are passionate about instilling a culture of performance management and you are willing to take on the challenge of influencing others to lead through performance metrics
• You are highly entrepreneurial and flexible to generate solutions where data may be difficult to obtain
• You are creative with data, and you have a natural sense for how to find work-arounds when gaps exists in measurable data
• You are impact-driven first and foremost; you live and breathe performance management through KPIs, and your passion is to make change stick in partnership with the plant managers and employees
• You take ownership over everything you do – seeing processes and initiatives through to completion with little oversight
• You have a strong interest in the meal kit industry and a passion for delivering the best possible products to our consumers.
• You ideally have experience driving initiatives with multiple stakeholders across functions in a fast-paced environment.
• Attractive compensation package includes pre-IPO equity incentive.