POSITION TITLE: Manager, Strategic Operations
DEPARTMENT: Corporate COO
FSLA CODE: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Strategic Operations
REVISED: January 18, 2017
The Manager of Strategic Operations will be a core member and key contributor to the global operations and will handle initiatives and strategic projects that span global operations including international business growth. This individual will help manage complex projects from developing strategy, developing implementation plan and leading execution to drive operational effectiveness. Such activities will require solid analytical skills and exceptional interpersonal traits. Specifically, this role requires superior problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills. The position engages closely with cross-functional stakeholders and key executive staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The exceptional candidate will possess several of the following:
• BS degree in Business, Economics, Operations or Finance with 5+ years of experience
• OR MBA degree with 3+ years of experience
• Solid analytical and leadership experience
• Consulting experience is a plus
• Must have well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with senior staff, internally and internationally.
• Strong interpersonal skills as an influencer and team player.
• Ability to determine risk/benefit scenarios and make vs buy decisions
• Working knowledge of budget and financial analysis techniques.
• Superior problem solving skills: issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, and developing recommendations
• Excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Exceptional collaboration and project management skills
• A “go-getter” - an intrinsic ability to get things done and deliver results
• Strong leadership and presence
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with Operations team to identify mid-to-long term strategic needs of the organization and develop operations strategy. Ensure alignment of operations strategy with QSC’s business goals. Identify specific programs and initiatives required to implement operations strategy
• Manage and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program. Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization. Produce program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement. Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to manage the risks.
• Support expansion of global operations into key international markets. Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Engage on timely basis with the Executive Team and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
• Program manage strategic operations projects across functions.
• Proactively identify and engage individual experts, informational resources.
• Structures and conducts analysis for operational issues such as global manufacturing strategy, Global logistics planning, Inventory planning etc., while working with the operations team
• Perform other duties as assigned
These statements reflect the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job, and are not to be construed as detailed descriptions of the entire work requirements that may be inherent in the position.