As a Lead Analyst, you’ll use analytics and strategy to ensure that Google finds, attracts and hires the world’s best talent. You will work in close partnership with the Staffing leadership team to provide strategic recommendations and lead action-oriented analyses. Projects might include developing optimal strategies for efficient and quality hiring, building scalable data solutions to help leaders make informed decisions, or helping to define Google’s location strategy. Above all else, you’ll focus on ensuring that our People Operations leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-driven decisions.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Utilize data and insights to develop and support Google’s hiring strategy.
- Influence executive leaders to make informed, data-driven decisions - with the goal of building a hiring organization that is efficient and that attracts and hires top-notch candidates.
- Structure and perform analyses independently.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize work effectively in a demanding environment where workstreams have a high level of ambiguity.
- Identify opportunities to improve hiring processes.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, related quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience analyzing data to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving.
- Experience with SQL, Python, R or similar database extraction language.
- Experience in management consulting or business strategy.
- Excellent ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfort with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence senior clients effectively.