Are you interested in applying your quantitative research, engineering development, and optimization skills to world-changing problems? Are you interested in driving the development of methods, models and systems for state-of-the-art robotics, transportation and fulfillment systems? If so, then this is the job for you. At Amazon we work to exceed our customer expectations every day. We exude energy inventing bold solutions on behalf of our customers. If you consider yourself to be an inventor, creator and pioneer there is no better place to work.
The North American Supply-Chain Analytics team is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of our fulfillment systems and network and designing our future fulfillment technologies. We are looking for motivated senior-level industrial engineers with strong analysis skills to join our team. These leaders will have the abilities to use advanced tools and analytics to provide a deep understanding of our fulfillment systems and to create models to help inform the future version of our fulfillment network as it continues to grow.
You will be responsible for strategic planning and research initiatives involved with our inventory and fulfillment network, including the means to efficiently transport shipments from vendors to our fulfillment centers, as well as from fulfillment centers to our customers. You will work closely with business stakeholders, supply-chain colleagues, and IT groups in incorporating the essential tradeoffs within the models and take an active role in effectively communicating the recommendations to senior management. The qualified candidate will have a proven history of driving critical research and development and developing in-depth analytical understanding of systems.
· Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Process Engineering.
· 5+ years’ experience developing and managing mathematical facility and flow models
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
· Working experience using relational databases (SQL experience)
· Proficiency with MS Office, simulation and project-management tools. Experience with high-level modeling languages a plus (e.g. R, XPRESS, Cplex, Julia etc.)
· Excellent communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational needs
· Practical scripting and/or development experience in shell, Perl or Python and/or other automation tools
· Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance in a Linux environment
· Experience with common internet protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, LPD and LDAP
· Experience building enterprise wide solutions using proprietary systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation.