OEM in Farmington Hills, MI has an immediate need for a Cost Reduction Engineer. This is a full time, long term contract position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Cost Reduction Engineer’s role is to identify, coordinate and manage cost reduction activities in conjunction with key stakeholders within and outside the Organization. This person must achieve the best cost, quality, delivery and technology requirements established goals The Cost Reduction Engineer is expected to be highly responsive and customer focused.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
• Part comparison experience
• Global spec analysis
• DRE experience, understanding of how to release parts/changes
• CAD experience
• NX or cost analysis background
• Cost estimating experience
• Understanding of part validation, testing and timing
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in program or project management for an automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier
• Program Management experience preferred
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams (Product Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Manufacturing, Design Office)
• Excellent ability to present ideas and concepts for cost savings to all levels of management
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize and lead projects to completion
• Highly motivated and a self-starter
We offer a highly competitive salary along with benefits including medical coverage, life insurance, 14 paid holidays as well as paid time off.