Amazon’s Demand Forecasting team – part of the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization – develops and deploys sophisticated demand forecasting systems to help Amazon’s businesses worldwide order and stock the right inventory for our customers. We are seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer with strong analytical, communication and project management skills to join our team. Working closely with business stakeholders and forecasting colleagues, you will help identify and solve complex forecasting problems, improve forecasting and planning systems and business processes, and develop metrics and reports to measure our impact on Amazon’s business. In a typical day, you will work closely with retail category teams, machine-learning scientists, statisticians, software engineers, and various business groups.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical and modeling abilities, excellent communication skills, good business understanding, and technically savvy. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders.
· Work closely with business customers, e.g,. Retail Instock Managers, to identify and address forecasting issues and opportunities.
· Analyze forecasting metrics to uncover trends and find root causes of forecast inaccuracy.
· Build metrics, reports and dashboard to analyze key inputs to the forecasting system (e.g., demand, price, promotions) and key outputs including forecast accuracy and variance, and impact on downstream business metrics.
· Provide business feedback to guide the Forecasting Science, Product Management and Software Development teams.
· Develop and deliver user training on forecasting concepts and systems.
· BS or MS in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
· 5+ years work experience including business analysis, consulting and project management
· Experience with modeling and analysis including statistical analysis, operations research and management science and data mining.
· Extensive experience with SQL, Data Warehouse, ETL, Scripting languages
· MBA is a plus
· Experience in Demand Planning & Forecasting, Supply Chain or Inventory Management strongly desired.
· Programming / software development experience a plus.
· Excellent written / oral communication and interpersonal skills
· Project Management Experience