Ford is looking for talented, career-oriented people to be our next generation of leaders.
If you have...
- A Passion for Learning: For you, every job is a chance to grow and apply what you know.
- An Adventurous Spirit: You look at a career as a series of exciting opportunities that can take you across the country or around the world.
- A Desire to Have an Impact: Whether it’s through supporting your communities or reaching personal goals, you thrive on making a difference.
- A Distinctive Personality: You’re someone who embraces your individuality and appreciates the uniqueness in your teammates.
...then Ford Global Data, Insight and Analytics may be the RIGHT PLACE to discover and pursue your dreams for success.
Who We Are:
We are trusted advisors enabling Ford to see our business, know our customers, and act in a meaningful way. We enable evidence based decision making by providing timely, actionable, and forward-looking insights to our Ford business partners.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage latest techniques in machine learning and ‘big data’ to model internal and external data sources
- Integrate market and consumer analytic work streams
- Lead new initiatives in the areas of autonomous vehicles and sustainability
- Support connectivity and mobility solutions
- Data development and management including transactional and 3rd party data sources
- Develop and implement analytics models and visualization tools for Manufacturing Processes and Supply Chain Management
- Develop and operationalize data standards, quality and governance across the enterprise
- Develop new data sources and analytic methods
- Work with large data sets from multiple sources and create visualizations to answer key business questions
- Research and develop models to quantify exposure to various sources of risk (credit, residual, market, operations, regulatory and compliance)
- Create analytics for Manufacturing, Purchasing, Product Development, Human Resources, Legal, and other areas of the business where data can drive improvements
• Juniors pursuing a Bachelor’s with a concentration in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or Physics and a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 Scale (or equivalent)
• PhD or Master's candidates with a concentration in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or Physics and a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 Scale (or equivalent)
• Expected graduation date is no later than May 2018
•Demonstrated skills in large scale data manipulation, machine learning and mining / pattern recognition
• Critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use existing and discoverable data to solve business problems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
•Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Familiarity with topics such as maximum likelihood estimation, linear and non-linear modeling, causal inference, density estimation, optimization, scheduling, time series forecasting, stochastic processes, survival analysis, data blending and data visualization, multivariate techniques such as PCA, factor analysis and cluster analysis.
• Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers
• Ability to handle multiple projects within a given timeframe
• Experience with tools such as Hadoop, Alteryx, QlikView, Tableau, Apache, Spark, Caffe or other deep-learning libraries
• Strong programming skills; Experience in R, Python, SAS, SQL or Matlab
The distance between imagination and …. Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
At Ford Motor Company, the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Apply online: http://corporate.ford.com/ShowJob/Id/921089/2017-GDI-A-Summer-Intern/