At the Tauber Institute, we are firmly committed to being a leader in innovative operations education and knowledge generation that positively impacts industry. To achieve this goal, we rely on our talented student community, whose experience, ideas, and exceptional leadership qualities inspire and deliver excellence.
Each year we welcome a cohort of dynamic students with diverse career interests in high-tech, consulting, healthcare, consumer goods, diverse manufacturing, sustainability, energy, and supply chain – to name a few. Please see below for specific instructions on applying to the Tauber Institute.
Ross School of Business
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Apply by checking the Tauber box on the MBA application, or apply after you have been admitted into the Ross MBA program by completing the application below.
Master of Management/Dual Engineering Degree
Apply after you have been admitted into the Masters of Management/Dual engineering program by completing the application below.
College of Engineering
Engineering Graduate Programs
Apply after you have been admitted to a U-M engineering graduate program by completing the application below.
Engineering Global Leadership Honors Program (EGL)
Applicants are automatically considered for the Tauber Institute (no additional application necessary).
If you are interested in pursuing a dual MBA and graduate degree from the College of Engineering or School of Natural Resources (through the Erb Institute), please complete both department applications and either check the Tauber box on the MBA application or apply to the Tauber program after you have been admitted by completing the application below.
Applications will be reviewed within four waves; additional waves may be added if enrollment permits.
- Wave 1: Application Deadline February 24th
- Wave 2: Application Deadline April 13th
- Wave 3: Application Deadline May 19th
- Wave 4: Application Deadline June 29th
Candidates may request that their applications be expedited for review if earlier consideration is needed.
The Tauber Institute requires an essay and resume as part of the application. An interview is required and awarded by invitation only.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their work experience, academic merit, teamwork, and leadership qualities. Please submit a one page, double spaced essay answering the following question: What are your career interests within the field of operations and how will the Tauber Institute help you achieve your academic and career goals?
- By submitting this application I give permission for the Tauber Institute staff to access my student files and application at the University of Michigan for the purpose of evaluating my qualification for acceptance into the Tauber Institute program.